Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Thumbs-up!


I cut my thumb. When you are cutting something, anything that you hold in your hand, remember to never cut toward yourself. I seem to have forgotten that. I was helping Tiffany cut a chair out of some balsa wood...the wood offered less resistance than I had hoped for. I cut my thumb.

I really thought that it would stop bleeding, so I bandaged it and slept. It slowed but didn't stop so I went to Cal's Urgent Care center (Tiffany was nice enough to drive me at 8am). The people at the health center are very kind...I recommend them to anyone if you want to get hurt in the area.

The Doctor said that I may have needed stitches last night, but anything that's been open more than 8 hours doesn't get stitched...there's a risk that, I don't know, someone's been shoveling dirt into their wound. At least I get to keep up my no stitches, no [medical treatment for] breaks streak.

The nurse did such a good job bandaging my hand that I could not lower my thumb. She asked "how is that?"

What else could I say but "Thumbs up." Oh, what a chuckle we had.

So, looks like I have yet another wound on my right hand...that's two burn scars, one finger that doesn't straighten all the way (thanks to my brother Krzys's strange predilection for razor sharpening his knives) and two knuckles that are strangely shifted.


Craft knife - 1, Me - 0 (As you can see, the blade is out way too far)



The Model (which is also a great Belle and Sebastian song)

3 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

No wonder we haven't been seeing any blogs from you of late! So... did you have Tiff help you type out your blog 'cause I can imagine going to push the space bar and inadvertantly hitting the "5" "6" or "7" keys instead. :)

Oh yes, your "thumbs up" is more than words could ever be when it comes to complimenting that nurse's handy dandy bandaging work - it looks swell! This reminds me of when Ryan blew the skin off his right hand's fingers --> you guys can compare battle wounds! Oh. Dear.

Happy healing to your thumb! I'm glad your no-stitches-needed spree is continuing! And, BTW... the model looks great!!

12/06/2005 12:28:00 PM  
Blogger Daniel said...

I'd like to thank everyone for their...um...support.

12/08/2005 05:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dan!

Was checking out yours and Tiffany's blogs, and they are pretty funny. :)

I miss having you guys on the east coast. I miss good people who aren't bankers!!! sigh.

Happy Holidays!

12/28/2005 10:27:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home