Thanks-taking
People have spent this past weekend counting their blessings, feeling how lucky they are, and just giving thanks. Well, everyone, you're welcome. I will gladly take credit for whatever is going well in the world.
As my first really American Thanksgiving, this past Thursday wasn't much different than any previous Thanksgiving. Except there were different people. And the food was different. And nobody was speaking Polish. But in the most basic way, it was exactly the same as Thankgiving at my parents' house: an excuse for sloth and gluttony. Which was both comforting and uplifting. I think that all of humanity will come together if you set a table with enough food, especially if it's fried.
After Thanksgiving day, we went paintballing...which is always fun. See the picture - it's an action shot of Ryan, Josh, Garrett and I defeating a team of 30 ex-Marines.

Yeah, that was a tough fire-fight...but we came out okay.
So...now I'm back...and here we are.
What's up with Canada getting rid of their government? Why can't we do that?
Oh yeah...people here are spineless.
I forgot.
As my first really American Thanksgiving, this past Thursday wasn't much different than any previous Thanksgiving. Except there were different people. And the food was different. And nobody was speaking Polish. But in the most basic way, it was exactly the same as Thankgiving at my parents' house: an excuse for sloth and gluttony. Which was both comforting and uplifting. I think that all of humanity will come together if you set a table with enough food, especially if it's fried.
After Thanksgiving day, we went paintballing...which is always fun. See the picture - it's an action shot of Ryan, Josh, Garrett and I defeating a team of 30 ex-Marines.

Yeah, that was a tough fire-fight...but we came out okay.
So...now I'm back...and here we are.
What's up with Canada getting rid of their government? Why can't we do that?
Oh yeah...people here are spineless.
I forgot.

1 Comments:
Funny thing - I only have two pictures from teh weekend, that one and one of the boys being baptized.
Post a Comment
<< Home